On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 05:27:29PM EST, Brian McKee wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Chris Jones <cjns1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd just by DVD-R in bulk and shred them as required.

The reason I chose rewritables is that I was trying to find some way I could
do backups w/o any manual intervention & w/o acquiring expensive hadrdware.

Stick a DVD+RW in there & add a growisofs command to the backup script,
overwrite the stuff that was written the night before ..  change to a new DVD
every month.

> If you insist on being enviromentally friendly, I was given a set of
> labels and marker that were specifically made to do just that.  Stick
> the label on the dvd and the marker was some sort of dry erase that
> didn't seem to smudge much....

Thanks, I was hoping s/o would come up with an altogether different solution.

My handwriting embarrassing .. there are times when I can't read it myself.

So you're saying I could actually stick a label on the DVD and not risk frying
the burner?

> Came from Staples I think - but you said you weren't in NA....

Never said that.. right now, I live in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY.

Thanks, I'll check out the Staples next to where I work.

CJ