On Friday 09 January 2009, "Umarzuki Mochlis" <umarz...@gmail.com> wrote
about 'VB on debian lenny':
>Since i'm working on mixed environment (UNIX-like and NT), sometimes i
>encountered situations when i had to know a bit of vb like a reporting
>program for tco!stream and my laptop is running lenny amd64. So please
>suggest me a good resource for learning vb using Debian.

Well, first you'd need a compiler / interpreter:
http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/03-05-064
http://www.mono-project.com/Visual_Basic

Assuming that serves your needs, it's in:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/mono-vbnc
(only available for Sid, unfortunately)

You'll probably also want an IDE, which would normally be monodevelop, but
I don't see a version that I think will edit/compile/link/run VB code.
You might try getting MonoDevelop from
http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://monodevelop.com/Download&ei=NDNoSfONK5CCNbuEjZ4H&usg=AFQjCNGLiIw2sjviEa5ZjZVq67LW3IFbzg,

but it's "Alpha" quality and not yet in Debian.

Assuming you can wade through all that, you still won't have anything like
a tutorial or course for learning.  However, most Windows-oriented
tutorials or courses (on the Internet or in a book) should be translatable
to those tools.  If you have issues, you might try asking on mono-specific
fora.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
b...@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))