On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 14:31:03 -0800, Eric Higgins (erichigg...@gmail.com)
wrote:

[ Please try not to top-post.  It makes following the thread so much
more difficult ]

> Hi Bob,
>
> I did in fact run apt-get update first, and apt-get upgrade fails with
> the same errors as dist-upgrade.
> I usually try to upgrade it once a month.
>
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> # deb http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main
>
> deb http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main
> deb-src http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

That all looks fine Eric.

However, if you do an upgrade every month, your system should not (for
example) be
wanting to install that openssh-blacklist package which was from May
2008.  So something is clearly wrong.

Have you tried googling for <$__ANONIO__> ?

If you do, you will find several links back to this list.  I suggest you
search for that string in the following link, as there are several
matches:
http://lists.debian.org/search.html

A quick glance suggests that the problem is some sort of dpkg
corruption, for example, this thread:

You may do better asking again on this list but without referring to
NSLU2 in your subject.  It seems that running a slug is not relevant in
this instance, but many people may think that it is and tend to ignore
you ;-)

It is worth noting that etch is very soon to become 'oldstable' and
lenny will be the new stable.  If you do decide to upgrade to lenny then
you may want to consider the latest NSLU2 armel installer for lenny here:
http://www.slug-firmware.net/d-dls.php with instructions here:
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

Good luck.