On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:55:10PM -0500, microwaverich <richg...@one.net> was
heard to say:
> I don't know if I'm "up to" it, but I'd love to give it a go.

  Cool.  Thanks!  Part of the problem is, it doesn't happen on my
computer. :-(

> If I understand you correctly, I should try installing the above
> aptitudes (in reverse order?) and then installing some other package
> (any package?).

  Yes -- starting with the most recent ones, install each aptitude
version (just the ones I listed would be fine for now), then try
installing or removing some small package.  I use xsoldier for this
sort of test, but you can pick a different victim if you like.  The
goal is to find the most recent broken version (i.e., the one where
the breaking change was introduced).

    Thanks,
  Daniel