On Friday 2009 January 23 10:26:19 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 04:52:17PM +0100, Adrian Chapela wrote:
>> Hello again!
>>
>> I am looking for a good cvs, control version for web developing. Some of
>> my web developments was in ASP and because that I need some cvs for use
>> with it, on windows or in Debian.
>>
>> Do  you know a good version to use with web development ?
>
>Are you looking at setting up a CVS server on Debian? Using Debian as a
>CVS client? Or just looking for CVS hosting?
>
>And is CVS your preffered version control system (if so: why??) or are
>you looking for alternatives?

All good questions.  VCS (Version Control System) and SCM (Source Code
Management) are usually the generic terms, but I have seen cvs used
generically, usually by people that doesn't really know what they want.

I suggest using Mercurial/Git/Bazaar/DARCS for this task, forgetting about the
bad-old-days of SVN and the dark ages of CVS just like many do not recall the
time before time of RCS and SCCS.

I'd recommend Git, but that's because I use it.  Any of them should meet your
needs technically, so I'd find the one whose community of support most
closely matches your needs.

If you *need* CVS in specific, I'm pretty sure Debian has GNU CVS server and
clients available in main.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
b...@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))