Why is it that everytime I apt-get source a package
and try to build it with dpkg-buildpackage, I run into
the problem that it looks for a director called
"DEBIAN" with all the revelant debian information when
the source package itself contains a directory called
"debian" (note the case change).  Is this a bug or a
feature?  One fix is creating a symlink from "debian"
to "DEBIAN" but why should I have to go through this
step?  (Usually after doing this I run into other
problems with say the control file as well).  The end
result is that I have to run "debian/rules binary" to
get the package built when dpkg-buildpackage or dpkg
--build are suppose let me avoid this.

Thanks for the info.

Chad