On Friday 23 Jan 2009, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I have to join two videos, in different versions, one in .mpg for
> DVDs and one in .mp4.  What's the best program that can do this
> without glitches or a high learning curve on Etch?  No editing, no
> dissolves, just stick one after the other.

This is actually a little harder than you would have thought, because
some of the video "container" formats hold information about the whole
video inside them (mp4 does for instance) so just concatenating them
doesn't work.

You have to convert them to a format where this doesn't happen - and
then you can concatenate.  I believe (but advise you to try check it
out via googling) that mpeg2 is OK.

You can convert formats with ffmpeg.

The alternative is to fire up Cinelerra, import both clips, and then
render a new video from it.  I think that is what I would do.
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk