An update to the problem discussed below: on connecting to my wireless
with dhclient ath0, I saw a warning that /etc/resolv.conf was not a
symlink to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf. This was a consequence of
having to manually correct /etc/resolv.conf to point at my wireless
router for dns.

So I deleted /etc/resolv.conf, and replaced it with a symlink to
/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf, after confirming that this target did
contain correct dns info. Twice in the last half hour since doing this,
this file has been cleared - only the comment lines at the top remain,
all the dns info is gone. This breaks my internet connection, or at
least my ability to resolve addresses.

Calling dhclient ath0 restores the file, but this is getting really
annoying. Any idea how I find out what is messing up my resolv.conf
files?

Thanks,

Tyler

--