On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 04:58:13PM -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> directly under my controller process.  It's not even that they're
> starting as foreground processes: I can start them without access to
> the controlling terminal, and they never see a SIGTTIN.

What do you mean by: "without access to the controlling terminal"?
Is the controlling terminal actually connected to the stdin of your
subprocess in the normal case (check in /proc to be sure)?

The libc info also has example code for implementing a shell with job
control, but I haven't looked at it closely yet.

Regards,
Mirko