Hello,

my wife and me both use the gnome desktop environment of our up to date
lenny system. When my wife starts her session, everything is up and
working in a few seconds. When I log in, the login process takes much
longer (about 20 seconds, more or less) and I have to wait "ages" when I
click on the "foot" menu (or press Alt-F2) for the first time. After the
first time, the menu opens quickly.

The difference between my wife's and my session is that I have customized
much more settings than my wife. Almost all she has done is changed the
background picture and maybe the windowmanager theme and that's it. I have
added some menu items to the foot some time ago, but later I have undone
these changes.

I would like to find out what I have done that my foot menu opens so
slowly. Is there a way to wipe out all my menu customisations without
loosing all the other gnome settings I've changed ?

Thanks,
--
Markus Grunwald    http://the-grue.de

Registered Linux User Nr 101577