Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 23:22:32 +0100, Dieder Vervoort wrote:
Hi all,

I can' t make xhost to work.
I searched around but couldn' t find a solution.
Any idea ?

[...]

die...@koala:~$ xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host

If your goal is to run X applications via ssh, then I would try this:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-xssh

IIRC, the X client (the ssh server) needs the xauth package if it does
not have its own X installation.

Another possibility is to use the xrsh package.
Florian,

Many thanks, because the remote system is light, I do not prefer to use SSH ( sorry, the line telenet 192.168.1.8 was missing in the problem description)) When I telnet from a Slackware client to the remote host running Lenny + JWM-desktop it is working fine ! So the problem is client pc running Lenny + KDE + xhost + does not accept incoming TCP + X

So big question: Where is the  is this filter set  ?

Anyone has any idea ?

Thanks,

Dieter