On 15.03.09 22:40, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> Is DPI actually correctly calculated by X? (X doesn't get that right
> for all monitors and 'estimates' for monitors that don't give it
> resolution and size information, which can lead to this sort of thing).
>
> You /var/log/Xorg.0.log will have that information.
>
> You may need to set DisplaySize in /etc/X11/xorg.conf (man xorg.conf)

Yes, it is. I've had correct DisplaySize in xorg.conf for some time, but
this problem has not appeared before. But after upgrading to lenny,
calculated DPI of 129x129 resulted in oversized fonts, so I've had to force
it back to 100x100, in order to change it back.

BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease