On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Thorny <thorntreeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please don't top post. I have rewritten this to conform to suggested list
> standard and replied at bottom.
>
> Kousik Maiti:
> > In my system there are two ethernet card. I can't ping to other machine
> > via eth0 but eth1 is working fine. My ethernat controller is Ethernet
> > controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
> > (rev 12) It is the output from lspci . Can anybody help???
> >
> Marc Shapiro:
> >> This may seem trivial, but is the other box that you are trying to ping
> >> on a local network, or on the Net?  If your NICs are set up with one to
> >> the Net and the second one to a local network then you are only going to
> >> be able to ping local machines on the second NIC and use the first to
> >> connect to machines outside the local net.
> >>
> Kousik Maiti:
> >>>

> I think you need to explain a bit better. To me it looks like you are
> saying both of your interface cards are connected to the Internet (If I
> understand Marc correctly he's using an common abbreviation for Internet,
> Net)

Yes both ethernet cards are connected to internet.

> Do you really mean both cards are connected to the Internet, if so, tell
> us a bit more about how you have them connected.

I can't understand your question. I have two different cable by which I
connect both interfaces.

> Are both of your interface cards the same type broadcom card?

Yes both are same as I mentioned.

> There is also the chance that udev has identified a single card as, first
> eth0 and, second eth1 but that is not what you seem to be saying.

I can't get it. I see the output of lspci command. It clearly shows both
interfaces are present.

> Someone here can probably provide you with a useful answer if you first
> clarify.

If anything more required please let me know.