Anton Piatek wrote:
Hi,
I am running the 2.6.28 kernel in sid, and wanted to build the vmware
kernel modules - for this I need the headers for 2.6.28, fine, but
they depend on linux-kbuild-2.6.28 which isn't available
Searching on packages.debian.org does not show that level in
experimental either.

Is this likely to be something that will come along soon, does it
sound like it was forgotten to be uploaded?
Basically, should I wait and see if it comes along (and should I do
anything to make that happen) or should I move back to a 2.6.26
kernel?

Anton

I don't know the reason why it's been left out, sometimes these things just take a while, or maybe Sid will be switching to 2.6.29 soon. If you don't have the inclination to build it from source yourself, you can find pre-packaged kbuild .debs from the links on this page (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=518115).

--
Mark.