On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:52:41PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I need to add USB to my HP NetServer LPr.
> >
> > Do they all "just work" now?
>
> It's been a _long_ time since I've had a problem with a PCI USB card.
> If nobody pipes up with a negative, then I'd suggest that you give it
> a shot. The odds are in your favor.
>
> By the way, you may want to write to Belkin and ask them if the card
> will work with Linux. At the very least, you are expressing interest
> in having Belkin develop for Linux. They will never write "works with
> Linux" on the box if nobody is asking for it. Here is their address:
> http://www.belkin.com/contactus/index.asp

Done, waiting for reply.

Other than any compatibility issues, is one chipset better than another?
Do some cards work better?  The main purpose of adding USB is for using
USB sticks, and syncing my palm.  I may want to use a CD burner at some
point (right now, if I want to burn a CD, I have to get my old box out
of storage; the NetServer doesn't have any free bays).

Doug.