On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 03:04:22AM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
(b...@iguanasuicide.net) wrote:

> >(taken from Windows Home Server Technical Brief - Drive Extender.docx)
> >"....
> >As you add more hard
> >drives to your home server, they are treated as a single large pool of
> >available storage space. You no longer need to deal with drive letters (such
> > as E:, F:, and G: ) because you can add more hard drives."
>
> So far, sounds like UNIX in general or LVM in specific.

Well, yes, except for the pretty GUI.

All of the features you listed can be done with lvm command line tools.

Which of course is not the same thing: ease of use is the whole selling
point of Windows Home Server.

I guess the closest Linux equivalent would be Openfiler (www.openfiler.com),
but I don't know of any separate disk management GUI that could be used
in Debian.

--
Tapani Tarvainen