On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 21:12:17 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> According to /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg/NEWS.Debian.gz (and the links
> mentioned there) the input devices are now configured through HAL. And
> indeed, after a 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' my xorg.conf is (almost)
> empty, but the relevant setting I want to change is marked as "from
> config file".
>
> $ grep 'TrackPoint.*Emulate' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> (**) TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10,
> EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
>
> Any ideea how/where to set 'EmulateWheelButton' to '2'? Apparently this
> can be done through some .fdi file(s), but I can't find any docs as to
> where the file should be or how it should look like.

I would start by copying this file

/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/11-x11-synaptics.fdi

to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ and experiment along the lines of the
commented-out examples in the file. I have not tried this myself yet,
mostly because I lost too much time wrestling with the new intel video
driver and kdm today. (More than twenty reboots in a single day; the
long stretch of boredom is finally over...)

          Florian   |