On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:11:47 +0300, "Andrei Popescu"
<andreimpope...@gmail.com> said:
> Ok, I know this is a troll, but I just want to get a few facts straight.

It was not a troll, it was a rant.  But, no problem. :)

> On Sun,12.Apr.09, 16:18:43, john_re wrote:
>
> > Tragically, in TYPICAL! Debian fashion, there was NO! mention of the
> > single MOST IMPORTANT ongoing Debian event/activity (the election) on
> > the main page, & not the news page, & not the Developers page, & not on
> > the "Major events related to Debian" page, at the least.!!!  (Could
> > there _possibly_ be a more major event for Debian than a DPL
> > election?????!  <8-0    )
>
> Yes, a stable release ;)

Yes, exactly - I thought of that when I read my message after it came
back from the list. ;)

> > The election should have been front page news on the Debian
> > website.!!!!!  I have missed reading about previous elections beforehand
> > for exactly this same lack of communication reason.  If _you_ hadn't
> > _told_ me there was an election _underway_ I would never have known
> > about it.
>
> It was posted on debian-devel-announce and the other relevant mailing
> lists: debian-project and debian-vote. The announcement also mentions
> the relevant web page where the result is published.

I'll take your word that that is true.  But, not making the very
important fact of the election highly public, like on the debian.org
webpage, was a large missed opportunity to bring awareness & potentially
connect with "fresh blood",
"A vibrant, open,
friendly project depends on the periodic introduction of fresh blood
wanting to work with us. Let's make that easier!" as Steve said.

> And yes, I find it apropiate that the Debian project doesn't give as
> much importance to politics as technical issues:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2009/msg00005.html
>
> > [My little rant here will serve me well when I email Steve McIntyre
> > suggesting he come for a voice chat with BerkeleyTIP & the entire Debian
> > community, huh????? !!!!!  ;) ]
>
> BTW, your mail here is kinda' off-topic (and I marked my reply as such).
> I think debian-project would be more apropiate if you want to discuss
> this (and not rant about it).

I was merely tossing it out to the only list I'm subscribed to.  I
suppose it would have been better if I'd marked it OT for that list. ;)
Just one more thought/opinion in the stew. ;)