> In a way the OP is spamming the list, but really ...
> Is is etiquette to be so nasty about it?

No, it is not etiquette to be nasty. I was helpful and gave him my
suggestions, and further refined ideas with the OP off list. But I do
not want other list members to say "hey, Brian got away with it so why
not me too?". What you call nasty, I call stern.

> He is clearly a private citizen with a desire to comtribute. That his
> attempts fall short of your standards, merely indicates that his request
> is justified.

Fall short of my standards? The OP asked for suggestions and I gave
them. I was being critical only in the constructive sense.

> Concerns about his privacy policy really can't be addressed by insisting
> that he state it on his web site. How do we know he is not a manufactured
> entity designed by <whisper> Al Qaeda </whisper>? Would a stated privacy
> policy protect you from "the evil one"? As that great urban philosopher,
> Rodney King, once said, "Can't we all just get along?"

I did not insist. I let him know that it would prevent me from signing
up. I do not trust that my information would not be abused or
compromised anyway, but at least lie to me and tell me that the
information is safe.

> Peace.

I wish for it every day, my friend. You have no idea.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il