> > >  Is
> > > there any advantage compared with software raid?
> > >

> > I only see disadvantages.
>
> Thanks, I appreciate your advice.

Here's the advantage to fakeraid to me. Keep in mind it won't apply to most
people.

I have 4 hard disk, 2x320 in raid0 for the OS and 2x1TB in raid1 for
storage. On the raid0 I dualboot Windows and Fedora. The motherboard's
fakeraid is excellent because it provides a common interface between Windows
and Fedora. For the raid0, I probably could have used full softraid on both
OSes. (assuming Windows can boot from a soft raid0?) However, for the raid1,
where both OSes need to be able to read the same partition, fakeraid was the
only option.

[Justin Newman]