On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 04:15:00PM EDT, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 03:21:18PM -0400, Chris Jones wrote:

[...]

> > To clarify, I have uploaded a few screenshots at:
> >
> > www.geocities.com/fcky1000/fckw/
> >
> > Thanks,
> > CJ
> >

> Since the screenshots look normal to us, I'm assuming it's probably
> the screen itself. Is the machine still on warranty? Perhaps you
> should contact their tech support and try to have them look at it (I
> wish I could offer more help, but I don't touch anything on the
> hardware level, so I apologize for my useless response)

To all.. thanks for such quick response.

And :-/ the screenshots now look perfectly normal.. I couldn't figure
out how they could look the same as what I was seeing on screen - now I
do.

The LCD is practically new - but the video cable and the converter are
old. I have some spares so I could try that.

At this point acpi reports a temperature of 52C and there is no problem
at all. I'll stream some video to warm it up when I'm done writing this.

The laptop is ancient and I'm not sure I want to spend hundreds of
dollars to have it repaired (or not.. not sure who you can trust).

And buying parts one at a time and sending them back for a refund if
they don't fix the problem..

Not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

Thanks,
CJ