Claudius Hubig <nfs_2...@chubig.net> writes:
> Did you try REJECT instead of DROP? Maybe telling all these buddies
> you don't want to know them instead of just ignoring them would do
> the job?
Yes ( http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/355741 ),
but it just made my ADSL 256/64 line more busy without making a dent in
the amount of traffic banging at my door.

Maybe next time I'll try various iptables --reject-with type choices.

Maybe about once a week I am given one of these 'popular' IP addresses
by my ISP.

I wonder why an address in 122.127.*.* would become so 'well known'.
They are dynamically assigned to connecting customers, and hang up
automatically after 3 days.