Fellas, what happens when I put a Disposition-Notification-To: m...@...
header at the top of my mail? Yes I know all about the protocol,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_receipt#Message_Disposition_Notifications
I'm just curious about how many users will "fall" for my
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_bug From what I've seen, about half the
users' computers I send such a header to send back acknowledgements, and
the other half don't. When I ask the half that do if they noticed
anything, they say "noticed what?" I haven't asked the half that don't,
so I'll ask this list instead. Of course I wouldn't put such a header on
this message, lest I DOS attack myself (as there are many lurkers using
other leading brand MUAs...). I only put it on when there is some old
professor who hasn't replied to my mail for a long time, and I want to
be sure he is still ticking. By the way, I would post to a more
specialized list but my question is not up to snuff for them.
P.S., please give instructions for any of those other leading brand MUA
users on how to turn off sending acknowledgements, at least without consent.