On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, kj wrote:

I should know this but I'm drawing a blank, and google is only finding the things I'm not looking for.

Man, I know the feeling

How do I get sendmail to forget the MX lookups it's done for mail that are already in the queue, and check them again? I have a client who screwed up with their DNS, so there's a host of mail in the queue destined to a non-existent MX.

1) /etc/init.d/sendmail purgestat now -- purge sendmail host status
2) restart your caching DNS server (and every smtp server should have
   one) to make sure nothing is cached
3) nscd -i hosts -- though actually, you should disable host caching
   in nscd (or better, just purge the whole package)

with all that out of the way, sendmail will lookup the current MX for
each queue run.

--
Rick Nelson
<lilo> it's weird, when you go on a safari to Africa to catch a lion, you