On Saturday 20 June 2009 11:29:14 pm Suno Ano wrote:
>  Tzafrir> If you want to follow that route, you can use rsync as well.
>  Tzafrir> Or even go a bit further and use hard-links (-H) to make
>  Tzafrir> yourself a "wayback machine".
>
> Unison basically is a bidirectional rsync (the rsync algorithm is used),
> so why make things more complicated than necessary ...

Unison is the "more complicated than necessary" option here. If all that is
needed is backup, unison is not the best choice.

As far as recommendations go, I would like to say that instead of messing
around with hard links to get an incremental backup solution, I would use
rdiff-backup, which was written for this exact purpose (rsync + hard links).

MM