2009/6/23 Hal Vaughan <h...@halblog.com>:

> On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:18 PM, 明覺 wrote:

>>> If learning enough of another language to do maintainence is hard for you
>>> you aren't much of a programmer.  Programming is not about knowing a
>>> language.
>>
>> Yes, language is just a tool, so I want to keep my tool simple and
>> powerful, I do not want so many similar tools with the same functions.
>
> Boy, I didn't realize that by "junior programmer" you meant you were that
> inexperienced in the field.  I don't know if you realize that you've just
> basically said you are either unwilling or unable to understand the
> different reasons for different languages.
>
> EACH language is a tool, and each one is a DIFFERENT tool with a DIFFERENT
> purpose.
I will give an example to deny your opinion - "a DIFFERENT tool with a
DIFFERENT purpose"
Sql is a language for database operation, but what microsoft doing is
to use C# replacing sql, by linq. I don't like microsoft, but I like
the way they developing C#, the only one language for microsoft will
be C#, I guess. Then what's the only one language for linux? I think
it's C/C++.

> It is rarely a whim why a programmer picks one language over another.  There
> are often several, if not many reasons why one language is more appropriate
> and better for a job than another is.
>
> But there's no point in continuing any discussion.  You've made it quite
> clear you're too busy being right to care what anyone more experienced has
> to say -- unless it's what you want to hear.
>

> Hal
>
> --

Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl
初禪言語寂滅,二禪覺觀寂滅,三禪喜心寂滅,四禪出入息寂滅....于貪欲心、嗔恚心、愚痴心不樂、解脫,是為無上禪。