Hi folks,

I have this really weird and mildly annoying issue I cannot pin down. When I
suspend my laptop (thinkpad x40 running sid) using the Fn+F4 hotkey (which
sends an ACPI sleep event), my laptop sleeps. However, on trying to wake it
up, once wakeup is complete (I see a flash of gnome-screensaver) the laptop
sleeps again. This happens every time and exactly twice.

If I use another method to sleep (call pm-suspend or use gnome-power-manager's
buttons or the gnome menu) it does not occur.

Can anyone suggest where to look? I was hoping I would see either one utility
reporting more than one ACPI event in a log somewhere, or more than one
utility reporting handling one ACPI event, but I can't see anything at all :(

ii  acpi-support   0.123-1
ii  dbus           1.2.14-3
ii  gnome-power-ma 2.24.4-3
ii  hal            0.5.12~git20090406.46dc48-2
ii  pm-utils       1.2.5-3
rc  hibernate      1.94-2
rc  uswsusp        0.7-1.2