Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
Thanks Eric

I was also thinking to use the boost package. I don't like it's heavy and my
app would depend on it too.

As mentioned by Roger Leigh, you only really "pay" for what you are using.
Why are you worried by the dependence on boost?
What I like about it is that boost really is the place where new libraries for upcoming C++ standards are developed are tested. As a result boost is really widely used, well regarded in the C++ community, and consequently high quality. It is also likely that C++ threads will look a lot like the boost implementation when they arrive in the standard.
So there is no easy way around pthreads from C++ except boost?
As suggested by Roger, you could use the pthreads directly. I prefer the C++ interface from boost.

Regards,
Eric