On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:32:40 -0400, Charlie Kroeger in gmane.linux.debian.user
wrote:
>> For e-mail; mutt is my preferred MUA.
>
> Now there's a thread.
>
> Know of any clearly written logical progressive steps for setting up mutt or
> is it a life's work? Does it require an excessively high IQ fish?

I always found following the sample commented muttrc was useful. Takes some
time to
go through it though.

        /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/ray.muttrc
        /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sample.muttrc-tlr.gz
        /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sample.muttrc.gz
        /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sidebar.muttrc
        /usr/share/man/man5/muttrc.5.gz

Then when I ran into further questions, mutt-us...@mutt.org was always
helpful. Once I got used to mutt; I found it hard to adjust to any other
e-mail client. The power and flexibility is intoxicating. 8-D