Hello,

On 8/16/09, Klistvud <quotati...@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
>  P.S. I've also noticed that the laptop runs hotter when the free
>  graphics driver is used, as opposed to the proprietary ATI one.

I also have an HP Dual core 2.1GHz, and it gets kinda to warm during
"idle" work (hovers around 65-67 C); my Debian testing is using the
default drivers for this. On Ubuntu, however, with the proprietary
drivers installed, temp will stay below 60 for idle usage. (All this
with "ondemand" cpufreq governor. With "performance" temp is steadily
75C, and the fan goes loud.)

I tried to switch Debian to use the fglrx driver following the steps
suggested on the wiki [1], but I get into trouble. I'm unable to
perform step 5,
# modprobe -r radeon drm

since I don't have the drivers loaded:
debian-liv:/home/liviu# lsmod | grep -i radeon
debian-liv:/home/liviu# lsmod | grep -i drm

Could anyone suggest how to determine the driver currently used by the system?
Thank you
Liviu

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/ATIProprietary