Antonio [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a sound blaster audigy card and an ati radeon 9800, none of them seem to be visible to the kernel 2.4.18 (woody source) that I compiled.
According to what I have seen, emu10k1 should work with this card, but insmod is not working for the reason that the card is invisible.
Any ideas what could be the reason?
I am attaching some info hoping for some help. Thanks.

Use the latest cvs code for the emu10k chips. You can get it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1/

Works fin with my Audigy and I believe it works with audigy2 cards as well.

As for ATI, you should check their website. I dont believe any cards newer than the 9000 work in linux (as of now).

--

Mental ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc