Jonathan Kaye wrote:

> On a routine update on my Debian Squeeze system I get the following:
> [quote]
> running python rtupdate hooks for python2.5...
> file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki
> file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/wxGlade
> pycentral: pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (221)
> pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (221)
> error running python rtupdate hook pycentral
> Updating *.pc symlinks for python-gtk2-dev...
> dpkg: error processing python (--configure):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
> [/quote]
> I see both the kiki and the wxGlade scripts in the folder where rtupdate
> is looking for them but both files are empty (0 bytes).
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
> Thanks,
> jonathan
Problem solved. It turned out that the culprit was Stani's Python Editor
(the spe package). I removed the package and it took the other two culprits,
kiki and wxGlade with it. Then everything unjammed and all my python
packages configured properly and all is well.  I can't even remember why I
wanted SPE. I don't recall every having used it.
Jonathan