Dne, 14. 10. 2009 13:43:41 je Patrick Wiseman napisal(a):
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Klistvud <quotati...@aliceadsl.fr>
> wrote:
> > Howdie, fellow Debianites!
> >
> > I'm running Lenny with Gnome on two boxes, both connected
> wirelessly
> > via network-manager to
> > my home router. Problem: about once to thrice a day, one or both of
> the
> > boxes randomly disconnect (they are using the proprietary Broadcom
> > wl.ko and ndiswrapper, respectively) and I can't seem to make them
> > reconnect. The nm-applet doesn't show the available networks
> anymore.
> > Which are the services I should restart to make networking restart
> from
> > scratch?
> > What I've tried so far and *doesn't work*:
> >
> > -- running /etc/init.d/networking restart
> > -- running /etc/init.d/networking-dispatcher restart
> > -- killing the Gnome nm-applet and starting another instance
> thereof
> > from a Gnome-Terminal
> > -- running all of the above in every picturesque combination I
> could
> > think of
> > -- running ifup, ifdown
> > -- logging out and logging in again
> > -- turning wireless off and on with the hardware button on the box
> > which has one
> > -- all to no avail
> >
> > -- rebooting - oddly enough, this helps. After a reboot, network-
> > manager reconnects flawlessly, and everything runs fine for another
> day
> > or so.
>
> What you didn't say you tried is '/etc/init.d/network-manager
> restart'
> which works for me whenever I have a similar problem (which is only
> occasionally).
>
> Patrick
>

> --

Uhm... my bad. I was writing from memory, which should never be done
when you have faulty memory chips like me. What I have actually tried
is restarting every freaking service I could find in /etc/init.d that
seemed like it could be networking-related. Thus, I tried restarting:

-- networking
-- network-manager
-- network-manager-dispatcher
-- ifdown
-- ifup

The only vaguely related I haven't tried yet is restarting wpa-
ifupdown, but that's because I currently run my wireless network
completely unprotected -- it's giving me enough problems as it is.

--
Certifiable Loonix User #481801