On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Peter Jordan <usernetw...@gmx.info> wrote:
> Wayne, Thu Oct 22 2009 19:07:04 GMT+0200 (CEST):
>>
>> Peter Jordan wrote:
>>>
>>> Neal Hogan, Thu Oct 22 2009 18:41:58 GMT+0200 (CEST):
>>> And how to label mails with tags?
>>>

>> For a start
>> While in mutt, hit F1 (the Manual page) and do a search for 'tag'.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> sorry, but as far as I understand, tagging in mutt means to select multiple
> message for a common action.
>
> I want to label a message with a tag like "debian", "work", "private" ASO

As far as I can tell, you're using 'tag' two different ways. There is
the mutt 'tag' (which is close to what you suggest) and then there is
your 'tag', which appears to mean something like 'certain part of an
email (eg, address, phrase in subject, etc.)'. If you want messages
from debian-users@ to be highlighted in red and ones from joeSchmoe to
be in yellow, you can do this.

Wayne's post is suggesting that you do some work and read the
documentation. Your original question has been answered. You can do
the work to find out the details of how to do it.

It's not that hard.