* Jason Filippou <jason.filip...@gmail.com> [2009 Nov 13 06:22 -0600]:
> Hello,
>
> I run Testing with KDE and accidentally hit ctrl alt f11 instead of
> some kde effects combination. As a result of this, I was given a
> prompt I couldn't propery interact with,

That key combination put you into virtual console 11.  Ctl-F1 would
have put you into the first VC and Ctl-F7 would have put you back into
X.  Typically Debian sets up VCs 1-6 as console logins and 7 on up for
graphical (X) logins.  If you have more than one user defined on your
system you can do a "Switch User" from KDE's Logout or Leave memu and
you'll be presented with another KDM prompt where the other user can
login.  From that user's KDE Ctl-Alt-F7 will put you into your KDE
session and Ctl-Alt-F8 will put you into the other user's KDE.

- Nate >>