Dne, 18. 11. 2009 00:43:05 je Fred Zinsli napisal(a):

I think you may be overcomplicating things: IIUC, you *can install
the base system* without specifying any mirrors. Why don't you just do
that then?
IIRC, that's actually *not* without mirrors -- it's just the default US
servers the installer defaults to. Once you have the base system, you
just fire up Synaptics
Package Manager and select "Repositories" in one of its menus (it's the
second menu from the right, next to the "Help" menu). You then just
tick (enable) all four options. The package manager should default to
the US mirrors. While you're at it, you may also disable (untick) your
CDROM on the second tab and tick (enable) both types of updates on the
third tab.
The only thing I can image could go wrong is that your nearby mirrors
are having some glitches at the moment. For the time being, I would
stick to the default (if perhaps slowish) US servers and postpone
troubleshooting to a later day.
--
Regards,

Klistvud