Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Sat November 21 2009, Wayne wrote:
Nov 21 05:42:29 paulandcilla lpd[11629]: /dev/lp0: No such file or
directory Nov 21 05:43:30 paulandcilla lpd[11702]: /dev/lp0: No such file
or directory
Sorry missed this in first read.

Use the modify printer option of cups.  The usb to parallel adapter I
am using produced this
Connection:     usb://HP/LaserJet%206P
you can't use the lpt option with usb.

when I pull up the web CUPS admin for my printer, it shows this:
Gutenprint_USB_Printer_1 (Default Printer)
Location: Local Printer
Printer Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R380 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
Device URI: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R380

I am running cups version 1.4.1-4 in squeeze. Lenny has a different version of cups so.....

Go to the Jobs tab in cups. You should be able to find of the jobs shown when you did the lpq -a. Delete them.

Re-reading your OP, I am now confused as to what you want. You are using usb but the lpq -a showed you had files in the cups spooler under a printer using the lp interface. Did you change printers or how you connect to them?

I don't recall having any problems printing from firefox/iceweasel using lenny but I only use it occasionally to get security upgrades.

Sorry if this doesn't help. As no one else has responded you might give google a shot.

Wayne