Il giorno dom, 29/11/2009 alle 08.27 -0800, '-' ha scritto:
> I have this problem as well, it started yesterday. Running squeeze
> with all available updates. It broke my keyboard autorepeat in X, but
> worked fine in virtual consoles. Noticed continuous ^...@^@^...@^@ in VCs
> after killing X, it even prevented me from logging in on a second VC
> for awhile, but that seemed to resolve itself somehow. xev showed
> keycode 232 and 233 being continuously pressed and released, which on
> my laptop is Fn+Up and Fn+Down, mapped to xf86brightnessup and
> xf86brightnessdown. Rebooted and the problem appeared to be gone until
> I tried to adjust brightness by using Fn+Down, which caused the
> unending key press events to start again. xset has no effect. I'll
> boot a LiveCD shortly to see if the problem occurs there. I have my
> caps lock key mapped to escape, so I will try remapping back to caps
> lock to test if this has any effect.

I can confirm that setting brightness, which is Fn+Up and Fn+Down in my
laptop as well, is the cause of the problem.  Also to me xev showed
keycode 232 and 233.

Watching recent updates, I sow acpid 1.0.10-3 -> 1.0.10-4.
Restarting  acpid (/etc/init.d/acpid restart)  stops the problem until
brightness is set again.