I have just upgraded my server from lenny to unstable and I now find a tomcat application server backed has stopped working (front end on another machine has the jk_mod installed and links through using ajp on port 8009).

Using netstat --listening on the tomcat machine I find that tomcat is only listening with the ip6 protocol and not ip4. Net result it has stopped working.

I haven't changed anything during the upgrade, and I can't see anywhere where it is defined what protocols tomcat is listening (at least there doesn't appear to be anything in server.xml).

How can I fix this so that tomcat listens using ip4 and not ip6?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk