David Baron put forth on 12/20/2009 2:56 PM:

> One idea. USA cellular phones operate at 1.8 ghz, Europe phones at 900 mhz
> and
> Israel ones at 800 mhz. I live in Israel. What about that Microsoft wireless
> rodent. Be that also at 800mhz? Be that the problem?

Right idea, wrong frequency spectrum.  Most wireless mice use the infrared
spectrum, not the radio frequency spectrum.  This is true of almost all remote
control consumer devices on the market since at minimum 5 years ago.

Thus, your interference, if that's the culprit, is likely coming from things
like remote control signals for TV, A/V receiver, DVD player, wireless PS3
controllers, Wii remote, pretty much any device in your entertainment center,
Bose (or other) clock radio w/remote screwed under a kitchen cabinet, etc.  The
vast majority of thousands of consumer gadgets on the market all use infrared
remote signals and I can't possibly name them all.  Anything you buy today with
a remote is going to be infrared, with a couple of exceptions, these being
remote controlled 'toy' cars/trucks/boats/airplanes/etc and "wireless speakers",
or any device combo that won't always have open direct line of sight between
transmitter/receiver.

--
Stan