On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 01:06:29PM -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to configure Debian GNU/Linux with two alternative gateways.
> That is to say, that initially the traffic is by GW1 and if it is down
> then it goes by GW2. If GW2 is again up, then it becomes to use GW1.
>
> Somebody was able to implement some configuration of this type and could
> help me with it or indicate some reference to me?
>
> Thanks in advance for your replies.

have a look here
http://lartc.org/

linux advanced routing + TC, there is a how to do multi default
gateways.

I previously used this to do a adls2+ and a cable setup, although you
have to devise a test for each gateway.  just pinging the gw isn't good
enough, do you do just past the gw ??

--
You can't take it with you -- especially when crossing a state line.