On Qui, 21 Jan 2010, Adam Hardy wrote:
This is a virtual server on a hosting system with many others - and that's what the sysop said:

No - please do not touch those at all, your vserver will stop working if you do.

They are the internal IP address of the vserver. The data centre LAN is NAT'd.

10.153.118.230 internally equates directly to 205.153.118.230 externally.

All services in your vserver *must* be bound to the 10.153.118.230 IP address.

*Very important:*
 *Never allow anything to bind to localhost or 127.0.0.1.*

A very weird virtualization. I'm no expert in those matters, but this is the first time I've encountered this.

--
Worst Month of 1981 for Downhill Skiing:
        August.  The lift lines are the shortest, though.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
edua...@kalinowski.com.br