I've got a Shuttle SV25 that I've been trying to make into a MythTV/Pydance box for over a month. It's running Sid, and after a fair amount of pain I've got the USB wireless, dance pad adapter, and bttv card working.

I get the idea from Googling around that the current Savage driver for X may be responsible for the lockups and segfaults that I get whenever I try to use MythTV and Pydance.

Has anyone on this list been able to compile the new Free driver from S3 (http://www.linux.org.uk/~alan/S3.zip)? I have never built X before, but I downloaded the XFree86 4.2.1-11 source package, applied the patch, and managed to get most of it to compile. Of course, the Savage driver was the one part to fail :-(

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am