On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:38:52 -0400 (EDT), Celejar wrote:
> pch0317 wrote:
>> No, I can't do that. Can you give me link to non-initrd kernel tutorial?
>
> 1)  Launch your favorite kernel configuration tool.
> 2)  Disable the initrd hook.
> 3)  Use kernel-package to build the kernel, and omit the --initrd option.

If you (pch0317) need to build a custom kernel, you might want to look at one
of my web pages, http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm,
which gives a fairly detailed tutorial of the process.  But that's a
rather drastic step.  I've had to build a custom kernel before, but never
to create one which is not dependent on an initial RAM disk.

The first thing I'd try is to rebuild the initial RAM disk.  Do that with,
for example,

   update-initramfs -u

By default, it will update the initial RAM filesystem for the running
kernel.  Then shutdown and reboot.

The second thing I'd try is a different bootloader, such as lilo.
Grub version 2 is still beta code and there have been a lot of problems
with it.  I remember the last time Grub version 2 was updated I had
to help someone through the process of replacing Grub with lilo because,
for his system, it just wouldn't boot.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinux...@wowway.com>
 : :'  :