On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:22:51 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>> My initial difficulties are mitigated a bit.  Some web sites work;
>>> some don't.  I think that both Gnash and Flash can be installed at the
>>> same time.  Which is actually running, I am not competent enough to
>>> know.
>
>> update-alternatives --display flash-mozilla.so update-alternatives
>> --config flash-mozilla.so
>
> The choice should really be made at the level of individual users rther
> than system-wide.

Not sure if this would help anyone as I've not followed so much the
thread.

Adobe Flash Player plugin can be installed at "per user level" under
"~/.mozilla/plugins" folder (at least for Iceweasel). That way it takes
preference over the others flash packages installed system wide, IIRC.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón