Hi debian people,
I have two files with the same number of rows but different columns. I want to
create one file out of them and am looking for a simple shell command or shell
script to accomplish that.
File 1 has N number of rows and columns X,Y,Z and File 2 has N number of rows
and P,Q,R as columns.The resulting file should have N number of rows and
X,Y,Z,P,Q,R as columns.
1) Is there a simple command in Bash to accomplish this?2) What would a script
to do this look like? Uses Gawk?3) If N=10000000 and the two files have 45
columns with mixed integer and character values, what would be the most
efficient approach (fastest) and why?
Thanks in advanced