On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:15:42 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> I receive the message `Battery is now fully charged' on my Asus EEE
> 1000HE under Debian Lenny 5 w. kernel 2.26-2-686, but only once I have
> unplugged the cable? For example, the PC might be on AC power for 15
> hours, and say nothing. If I then unplug the cable, it tells me that the
> battery is _now_ fully charged. Is it normal? Does someone else
> experience this?

It looks not so normal to me.

But looking at Debian wiki for EEE systems it seems to be a known issue
with power management:

***
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Configure#Powermanagement

Power management

On some models, the battery info is not very precise (jumps from 10% to
100%, no rate information, etc.). Apparently, this is normal. It appears
that the userspace battery utilities expect the battery to report mAh,
but in fact it reports percentage. This is either a bug in the battery
firmware or a bug in the BIOS; it is known to be fixed with newer BIOS
versions and kernels ≥ 2.6.25.
***

THT.

Greetings,