On Thursday April 15 2010 6:21:27 am Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-04-15 06:38, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > That is what I did. No ping answer, whatever the IP or DNS. Just as if I
> > was not connected. But my router is still connected to the WAN, and the
> > router is still connected to the LAN.
>
> Hmph...
>
> Before opening the pages, start capturing packets (using wireshark
> if you must, or tshark from the CLI).
>
> Your symptoms *probably* happen to me, but I just accept it as part
> of Firefox's poor threading.
>
> For example, if I "kill -15" the Iceweasel pid then exit the GUI to
> apt-get upgrade and then restart xfce and Iceweasel, all the (4 or
> 5) windows and (total of 20-50) tabs restore.  It takes 3-4 minutes
> for all of them to complete loading.

I also experienced this problem, and found that liberal use of noscript and
flashblock really helped. I finally got fed up and just started using chrome.
Chrome isn't perfect, but it is certainly a lot faster than firefox/iceweasel.

Merciadri -- does the same thing happen when load a lot of tabs in other
browsers? Try it with other gecko based browsers, and then with webkit based
browsers.

MM