My impression of how things worked in the past on this list is that
each user used mutt for his/her MUA, and procmail for filtering.
People, or topics that did not meet the personal standards of an
individual were quietly committed to /dev/null .

Some users, I think, had set up very complex logic for dealing with
html in email. My approach was to remain clueless about how to set up
mutt to open html emails. The current situation is well within my
procmail skill set. For me, it is somewhat like how I deal with Fox
News, and other abominations of modern life. ;)

--
Paul E Condon
pecon...@mesanetworks.net