Hi guys

I've just recently decided to move over to debian from redhat and i must
say i'm very impressed with deb. Anyway, I started by installing woody (I'm
still downloading the unstable images - gonna upgrade as soon as i got all
10), everything went well normal hiccups aside except for one thing. I
couldn't get my mouse to work ?!
I've got a Microsoft optical USB mouse, but for the sake of linux i plugged
it into the PS/2 port using a little USB->PS/2 port connector thingie.
X was configured to use /dev/input/mice but to no avail... I then decided
to try the 2.6.0 test kernel, because that seemed to fix my tv-card issues
on Red Hat previously. Installed the 2.6.0-test3 kernel and viola my mouse
works no problem ! I installed the 2.6.0-test5 kernel last night and again
the mouse worked no probs. So i thought the latest 2.4 kernel should also
work and i installed 2.4.22. No such luck :-(. Damn mouse does not want to
start up. (I know immediately if power comes through to the mouse cause the
optical light goes on). All the drivers seem to load properly, and i can't
really see any difference between the drivers that start for 2.6.0 and
2.4.22, but i don't think i've got enough knowledge to be sure of that. I
include the dmesg and proc/devices files for both kernels for you to check
as well.

(See attached file: proc.devices.2.6.0-test5)(See attached file:
dmesg.2.4.22)(See attached file: dmesg.2.6.0-test5)(See attached file:
proc.devices.2.4.22)
Thanks for any help
Willem Smit
SL IT
9471637
0724872442

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and
Sanlam accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender specifically
states them to be those of Sanlam.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is dié
van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dié van
Sanlam is.